Today’s top 10 list is all about beating writer’s block. This list is just some of the ways that a person can beat writers block. Whether you are a poet, an author or even an aspiring writer, we all hit writers’ block at times. These are some of the ways that we can beat it.
- Set a daily writing time!
- Read other writers you love.
- Read book on writing.
- Take 10 minutes to write – even just momentary thoughts.
- Set concrete goals and reward yourself when you reach them.
- Write poorly. Give yourself permission!
- Mix it up or skip sections. Skip the part you’re stuck on till later.
- Use thought bubbles to expand your idea.
- Change your writing location. Fresh space, fresh thoughts!
- Plan writing dates. Get together with a writing buddy to just write.
Some of these ideas have worked for me and I wanted to share. I find the biggest one so far has been to write every day. If I take a day or two off then the writers block is more likely to happen as I am no longer in the writers frame of mind.
Hope these ideas help you combat writers block when you get it.